A Firearms Guardian policy entitles the Firearm Owner and his / her immediate family to:
Firearm Legal Assistance
Firearm Legal Assistance Cover
A Firearms Guardian policy covers You for legal expenses incurred in respect of legal services, including legal advice, legal representation and litigation services, pertaining to the following and subject to the policy terms and conditions:
- Attempted murder.
- Culpable Homicide.
- Assault with the intention to cause grievous bodily harm.
- Hunting related prosecutions.
- Injury/loss/damage to persons or property resulting from the use of a firearm.
- Shooting accidents on hunting trips, sport shooting events, or firearm training sessions.
- Bail applications.
- Bail payments up to R5,000.
- Appeals in respect of the above.
- Unlawful possession of a firearm.
- If the Insured is aware that a person possesses a firearm illegally and fails to report this to the police.
- Causing bodily injury to a person or damage to property by negligently using a firearm.
- Discharging a firearm in a manner likely to injure or endanger the safety or property of any person.
- Having control over a loaded firearm in circumstances where it creates a risk to the safety or property of another and not taking reasonable precautions to avoid the danger.
- Giving control of a firearm to a person whom the Insured knows, or ought to have known, to be mentally ill, or to be under the influence of a substance which has an intoxicating or a narcotic effect.
- Pointing a firearm at another person without good cause.
- Discharging a firearm in a built-up area or public place.
- Failure to lock away a firearm which You have in Your possession in a prescribed safe, strong-room or device for the safekeeping.
- Lost firearm owing to a failure to lock it away in a safe, strong-room or safekeeping device, or failure to take reasonable steps to prevent its loss or failure to keep the keys to the safe, strong-room or device in safe custody.
- Giving possession of a firearm or ammunition to a person that is not licenced to possess such firearm or ammunition.
- Failure to report a lost, stolen or destroyed firearm.
- Carrying or storing a firearm in a firearm-free zone.
- Deactivating of a firearm.
- Carrying of a firearm in a public place.
- Allowing any person to use their firearm while not under their immediate supervision, where it is safe to use the firearm and for a lawful purpose.
- Using a firearm where it is not safe to do so.
- Notification of address change.
- Notification of any change concerning any information which was submitted in respect of the application for issuing of a licence.
- Disposing of a firearm after cancellation of a licence.
- Lost, stolen or defaced licences.
- Production of licences and firearms for inspection.
- Failure to comply with conditions of a firearm licence.
- Failure to comply with any provision, direction or requirement of a notice issued under the Firearms Control Act.
- Unlawful possession of ammunition.
- Possessing an excessive number of cartridges.
- Possessing more than the allowed number of primers.
- Disputes relating to the purchase of firearms.
- Damages consequent to the death or injury to a third party which occurs in connection with Your use of a firearm.
- Personal and bodily injuries
- Loss of or damage to property, which occurs in connection with Your use of a firearm.
- Civil claims arising out of unlawful or unlicensed hunting, with Your firearm by another person.
- Shooting accidents during:
- Hunting trips
- Sport shooting events,
- Firearm training sessions,
- Practicing at shooting range, or
- Normal handling of a firearm such as cleaning and setting up of a rifle. Insured Matters in respect of instructions to hunting safari packages.
- Damage to hunting equipment.
- Damage to hunting facilities.
- Insured Matters in respect of instructions to Taxidermists.
- Damage or loss of trophy at an arranged hunt or shoot/shooting expedition.
- Insured Matters related to practising at a shooting range.
- Insured Matters related to participation in sport shooting events.
- Insured Matters related to engagement in firearm training.
In addition to the civil law matters mentioned in above, the You are also covered for the legal expenses in respect of the following civil law matters:
- Drafting of legal opinions.
- Firearms forming part of an Estate.
- Unlawful arrest by SAPS and Metro Police.
- Malpractice by doctors.
- Negligence in hospitals.
- Disputes with medical aid companies.
- Consumer related legal Situations.
- Guarantees and Warrantees.
- Defective goods.
- Disputes or complaints with insurance companies
- Situations with the neighbours.
- Protection orders.
Limited to the use of a vehicle for purposes of hunting, firearm training, sport shooting and emergencies related to the use of a firearm:
- Criminal prosecution relating to Motor Vehicle Accidents.
- Drunken driving.
- Reckless or Negligent Driving.
- Culpable Homicide as a result of an accident.
- Administrative Assistance relating to:
- Unfit declarations to possess a firearm.
- Appeals against a declined firearm license application.
- Situations with the furnishing of an approved license application by SAPS.
Firearm Liability Cover
Subject to the Policy terms and conditions, You are covered for damages or liability that You shall become liable to pay consequent to the death of, or bodily injury to, a third party, or loss or damage to tangible movable or immovable property, due to an Insured Matter which occurs in connection with Your use of the firearm of which You are the licenced owner, and which results in a claim under this Policy.
There is a solution – Firearms Guardian